We at Pet Media, Inc. support and encourage ideas, services, and tools that use and supplement the Pet Media services; however, we are also serious about protecting our reputation and brand identity. To help us achieve this goal, we have created these guidelines to help Pet Media members, Pet Media Teams, and others refer to us or our services without compromising the strength of our trademarks or our brand identity. In other words, these guidelines only concern the use of Pet Media's intellectual property (for example, the use of the term "Pet Media" or the use of the term "Pawrade"). For issues regarding any intellectual property which is not exclusively owned by Pet Media, Inc. please refer to Pet Media's Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy.
A trademark is a word, name, symbol or device (or a combination thereof) that identifies the goods or services of a person or company and distinguishes them from the goods and services of others. The word "Pet Media", the word "Pawrade", the word "Pampered Ground", the word "Airpanion", other Pet Media graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names, other Pawrade graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names (together, the "Pet Media Marks") are service marks, trademarks or trade dress of Pet Media, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Why must Pet Media Protect the Pet Media Marks? Pet Media must be to able assure Internet users and others that only the services offered, sponsored, or endorsed by Pet Media actually bear the Pet Media Marks. Trademark law requires that we not only protect against improper use of the Pet Media Marks, but also protect against the use of confusingly similar marks.
Using the Pet Media Marks
In order for you to help us protect the Pet Media Marks, we ask the following:
- Do make fair use of Pet Media's Marks. Pet Media supports free speech and you do not need permission to make legitimate commentary about Pet Media, the company, or Pet Media's services.
- Do distinguish the Pet Media Marks from surrounding text by, for example, capitalizing the letter "P" for Pawrade, capitalizing the letter "P" and "M" for Pet Media, and capitalizing the letter "A" for Airpanion.
- Do spell the Pet Media Marks properly.
- Do not say things about Pet Media or Pawrade you know are not true.
- Do not incorporate the Pet Media Marks or a confusingly similar mark into, for example, the name of your business, organization, non-profit organization, event, or trademark.
- Do not remove, alter, distort or modify the Pet Media Marks, including adding other terms to the Pet Media Marks to create new words.
- Do not use the Pet Media Marks or a confusingly similar mark in a way that falsely implies a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Pet Media, Inc. or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest information comes from or represents the views or opinions of Pet Media, Inc. or a Pet Media employee.
- Do not, without prior permission, use the Pet Media Marks in a product or service.
- Do not use any trademarks, service marks, trade dress, designs or logos that are confusingly similar to the Pet Media Marks or the look and feel of the Pet Media and/or Pawrade website.
- Do not use the Pet Media Marks in any way or on any website that contains or promotes adult content, gambling, or otherwise violates applicable law or regulation.
- Do not use the Pet Media Marks in a manner that is in Pet Media's sole opinion misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, tarnishing, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Pet Media.
Pet Media reserves the right to alter these policies at any time.